Having an online presence that helps your small business generate more leads is a must in today’s business climate. After creating several new WordPress websites over the past several years, we’ve put together a few recommended plugins and a framework for the popular content management system.
The Genesis Framework
- Genesis can accommodate HTML5 child themes. What does that do for your site? It is the newest code standard, which will make your site compatible with future changes to the web.
- The Framework is SEO friendly out of the box and integrates well with other plugins like Yoast SEO for WordPress.
- Your site will perform well across various web browsers including Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Safari.
- Child themes based upon the Genesis Framework allow your site to be given a new look with little to no hassle.
- Security patches and periodic updates are as easy as pushing a button and seamless.
Yoast SEO Plugin
- The snippet preview gives you a window into what your pages will look like when found by the search engines and helps you to refine your Meta descriptions.
- Yoast has a nifty page analyzer that reviews the length of content, title tag, meta description, and many other SEO fundamentals. When your page is optimized, you’ll get a green light from the plugin.
- XML Sitemaps are easily configured with Yoast and notifies Google & Bing of the sitemaps existence. You don’t need to download an additional plugin that handles Sitemap creation.
- These XML sitemaps include the images in your posts & pages too, so that your images may be found better in the search engines as well.
Sucuri Security Plugin
- A free plugin for WordPress that helps to deter malicious hackers.
- Sucuri SiteCheck detects various types of malware, SPAM injections, website errors, disabled sites, database connection issues and code anomalies that require special attention.
- This plugin adds a web firewall that blocks spammers and blacklists their IPs.
- Sucruri has a Malware Cleanup Service with NO page limits. If your site gets hacked and you have their monitoring, they will do the cleanup for you. Malware cleanup consultants have charged in the neighborhood of $250+/hour!
WP Rocket Plugin
- Google Page Speed is one of the factors in the search algorithm that determines rankings. Having this paid plugin installed and configured properly can improve your search placement on Google.
- WP Rocket Plugin speeds up load times on websites that are heavy on content including videos, pictures, and lots of comments.
- By creating a page cache, it allows the site to be loaded based upon what has stayed the same vs what has changed and is ready to be served up on a prior load rather than loading all elements again and again with each page.
- Saving the items that stay the same in a local cache in a browser for frequent visitors can also speed up load times since these elements are loading from a local source rather than completely from the server.
Shareaholic Share Icons
- Social Media Share Buttons that are integrated into the WordPress website make it easy for readers to share content they love across their social networks. Social Media referrals account for 27% of traffic for the average blog.
- Shareaholic has a recommendations list on the bottom of your page that was built to create a better user experience by showcasing contextually related content.
- Shareaholic is offering more value to your readers and greater opportunity to convert leads.
- Shareaholic provides analytics that illustrate how popular content is and allows one to see the social channels it is shared on.
Disqus Comments WordPress Plugin
- Disqus cuts down on WordPress comment spam and allows a user to comment when logged into Facebook or Twitter.
- Threaded comments allow a commenter to reply directly to someone while indenting to whom they were referring.
- Automatic e-mail notifications when people post on your blog that allow you to reply via email so you’re just an e-mail away from responding.
- If someone already has a Disqus profile, the blog using the comments plugin with automatically recognize this user so that they can respond more quickly to the content you are producing.
- Gravity Forms allows easily customizable forms for lead capture that can be placed in the sidebar of your WordPress website.
- An easy export of the responses to the forms can be saved as a .CSV and opened within Excel and then later imported to a CRM for greater prospecting.
- Gravity Forms includes a complete set of pricing fields with the ability to integrate with PayPal while offering multiple products in various options and it calculates shipping for you as well.
There are many other benefits of using a WordPress website as your small business web marketing solution. If you need assistance with creating a new WordPress website for your small business, contact us at 770.580.3736.