The marketing pros know small businesses are always looking for email marketing tips that will maximize their return-on-investment. And it isn’t just money that you want a strong ROI for – writing emails and setting up emailing systems can be a time-consuming project. Nobody wants to find all that time and effort they just invested was a total waste.
Email Marketing Tips
Our list of small business email marketing tips could revolutionize your company’s performance. But before we get into what we think you should be doing with email marketing, we need to talk about why you should be doing some email marketing in the first place.
- Several studies show email marketing is the best customer retention tool at your disposal. This means a strong ROI, right off the bat.
- Email marketing software programs make it fairly easy to set up and automate your email marketing campaigns. Less time working on email setup means more time for the other important tasks on your plate.
- If you have a small email list, you can qualify for a free MailChimp account – and it doesn’t get much more affordable than free!
- Email marketing offers a slew of options when it comes to how you can actually use it. Newsletters, automated blog emails, promotions, and social media opt-ins are just a few ways savvy small companies use emails to reach their customers.
Email Marketing Best Practices
Now that you’re certainly convinced email marketing will be a valuable tool for your company, it’s time to dive into the right ways to handle this aspect of your marketing plan. Here are our top four email marketing best practices that will ensure a strong return-on-investment and bring new business into your company:
- Map out your customers’ user experience. You can’t design good emails until you fully understand how people interact with your website or product.
- Start building your email list by asking for very basic information. A name and email address will suffice at the start; you can gather more personal information later. Consider offering a small free gift in exchange for an email address. A coupon or free e-book are a couple of great ways to get more opt-ins.
- Allow email automation to help you out. Spend the time to set up your system in an intelligent way, and let the program communicate with your audience in the appropriate way. There are many great programs available that let you send various messages to people based on their actions (or lack thereof).
- Make sure every message you send to your audience holds value. People get a lot of junk mail already; instead of adding to the clutter, make your emails a welcome surprise in each person’s inbox. Helpful information, coupons, special offers – be creative in designing ways to get people to interact with your company.
Email marketing can be one of the most valuable methods of communicating with customers and potential customers. Deciding to put some of your valuable resources behind a great email marketing campaign can provide the excellent return-on-investment you dream of.
If you still have questions, or are not sure where to start with setting up your new email marketing campaign, then click here for a complimentary SEO analysis from a leading online marketing company.