Unless you are twenty years old, the idea of marketing your business on social media may be intimidating. However, learning how to engage your potential clients on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, or Twitter can create a whole new slew of business that you never would have tapped into otherwise.
Here are our six biggest secrets of social media marketing for small business:
1. The best way to engage your readers on social media is to ask them open-ended questions. Solicit responses by encouraging people to post comments. People want to know that their ideas and opinions are appreciated. And, post replies to those comments and get some conversations going. Speaking to people on a human level will keep your visitors coming back for more, and will encourage them to check out your website – where they can become paying customers.
2. The second best way to engage your readers on social media is to post cute animal pictures. Yes, that’s right – you need to put images of sleepy puppies and kittens kicking around yarn balls on your HVAC company’s social media pages. Why? Because social media users click on cute animal photos more than any other kind of image. Of course, some compelling content needs to cleverly tie that cute panda photo to the important message you want to convey.
3. There are free tools available that allow you to “listen in” on social media to see what people are talking about. Try these listening tools, such as howsociable.com, by searching for your keywords or other phrases related to your business. You will find recent social media conversations that discuss those topics. See what others are saying about it, and then start a social media conversation with your thoughts on that information.
4. Instead of focusing your content solely on your products or services, include content that covers a wide range of topics that are of interest to your readers. If you just write about your home organization business and all the wonders you can work for people, your readers will get bored with your social media (and frankly, so will you). Write about related topics and share articles from other sources – for example, how to find the best deals at The Container Store, or how to host a Thirty-One party and get free organizational swag.
5. Establish your social media branding by examining your competition. What do the other electricians in town do on their social media sites that you like or don’t like? Agree or disagree with? What gaps have they left wide open for you to fill?
6. With tools like HootSuite or Bufferapp, you don’t have to post to your social media accounts every day. Many social media platforms, including Facebook, allow you to schedule posts ahead of time as well. You can set up daily posts weeks in advance if you like. But, you should moderate comments and respond to questions regularly, every day if possible.
Do you want to know more secrets of social media marketing?
Get your social media marketing campaign started off right by hiring a firm with extensive experience and expertise in the field. PersistSEO knows how to find, engage, and convert your ideal customers on social media. Call 770-580-3736 for a free social media consultation.