Find the Right SEO Consulting Company for Your Needs
The process of hiring an SEO consulting company to improve your search engine ranking should not be taken lightly. You don’t want to entrust your company’s website, online content – heck, its entire reputation – to just anyone. Think of your SEO consulting company as a babysitter for your business; would you leave your newborn child with someone off the street, with no references or qualifications? Of course not – so vet your SEO consultant at least as rigorously as you would a babysitter.
Always check into several SEO companies so that you can see what the good, the bad, and the ugly have to offer. You may have to search outside of your geographic location to find a company that’s a good fit for you. To help you narrow the field, here are several important things to consider when you are hiring an SEO consulting company for your business:
- Beware of a SEO consulting company that makes seemingly impossible promises. That includes the promise of getting your website to the number one spot with search engines. Some companies will do anything to get clients, even if it means making promises they know they cannot keep.
- Ask each potential SEO consulting company for details about the methods they will use to improve your search engine ranking. If they are unwilling to talk about it, then keep looking. You don’t want the trouble that will come with unsustainable “black hat” SEO tactics.
- Look for a SEO consulting company that offers off-page SEO methods, such as social media marketing and email marketing. A well-rounded, full-service SEO company is often a better choice.
- Find out which SEO consulting company has experience with improving local SEO. This is important for ensuring that you grab all of the local clients you possibly can. If a company isn’t apt to add your location information to your tags or get you listed with local online directories, then keep shopping for a better consultant.
- Be sure to choose a SEO consulting company that is able and willing to share Google Analytics information about your website with you. Google Analytics is the best way for them to demonstrate what affect their efforts have had on your website’s traffic.
- And, last but not least, be sure your SEO consultant understands the difference between all of the Google Algorithms (Pigeon, Penguin, Panda, Hummingbird, etc). If they do not, look elsewhere.
Before Signing a SEO Agreement
Before you sign any contract, make sure you agree with the SEO consulting company’s pay rates, methods, and terms. Also find out the length of the contract, any penalties you will be expected to pay for early termination, and all of the specific services the company will provide. One other important step is to verify that all of the content on your website will still belong to you when the contract period ends.
PersistSEO offers website design and online marketing services to help small businesses grow. Our proven inbound marketing formula has boosted website traffic for scores of satisfied clients, while our reputation for persistence makes us a force to be reckoned with.
If you have decided it’s time to get serious about boosting your business marketing with SEO and want to have one-on-one expert attention, PersistSEO is the right choice. Contact us today at 770.580.3736 to learn how our professional SEO team can increase your website traffic and take your online marketing to the next level.