Top Search Engine Rankings on Google Can Add to Your Bottom Line
It isn’t easy to achieve top search engine rankings on Google and for good reason. If anyone could just hop online create a page, set a few things up, and coast along with top rankings then why would they create more engaging content? Search engines love new, specific and relevant information that they can serve up to their users. Below are the categories where we have seen the best results for top search engine rankings.
1) Blogging Relevant Content
One of the greatest things about the web is the ability to tell one’s story where the world can hear it. This is especially important for businesses as prospects have started searching for information that relate to their needs and/or interests. Search engines are only successful when the information they are serving is relevant to the searches of the users of their service. Their algorithms are written in a manner that learns the meaning of the page through the consistent and careful attention to keywords and keyword phrases. The ability to focus on a single topic, to share the content, and to get others to share your compelling content, is what makes blogging a vital part of any content marketing strategy.
2) Optimizing Pages
- SEO friendly URLs (SEF URLs), is a URL that is easily read by both humans and search engines. To understand the importance of SEF URLs for top search engine rankings, one must realize that the URL must contain the focus keyword. For example, if you are trying to sell widgets in Atlanta, you may create a SEF URL that looks something like this: www.mywebsite.com/atlanta-widgets/.
- Title Tags – While your content is crucial to top search engine rankings, the title tag of a page comes in a close second. Your focus keyword should be used in the title tag and it is limited to 70 characters. Updating the Title Tag is an easy task if you’re on the WordPress platform with the Yoast SEO plugin.
- The Meta Description is like advertising copy, and should be written to entice your audience to click your page rather than your competitor’s site. Having the right message and call to action, can significantly improve click-through rates via results pages. Google uses bold font when returning search results for specific keywords, and once again, if you have Yoast SEO for WordPress installed, updating your meta description is a piece of cake.
3) Citations via Trusted Directories Improve Authority
NAP, also known as a consistent Business Name, Address, and Phone number, is important in building authority and improved local SEO for your domain. Trusted directory sites like Yelp, Merchantcircle, and ChamberofCommerce, have already gained trust, authority, and traffic online. Trusted directory sites contain business listings much like a traditional phone directory of the past. By including your NAP information on a prominent place within your website, along with multiple trusted directory sites, Google will reward your domain with top search engine rankings. Some key advantages include better local SEO, referral visits, and directory pages ranking on Google for your industry specific keywords.
4) Google Plus for Business
Google Plus Local for business helps your prospects locate your site via Google Search, Maps, Google+, and mobile devices. The results show up based upon categories that are selected, number of confirmed directory listings, positive reviews, and an optimized business description. The consistent name, address, phone number, website url, and description tie in nicely to search results. Map listings show both in the web browser and applications used on mobile devices. Reviews help with traffic due to trust established by former users, clients or other that have experience with whatever entity is being indexed. Having an active Google Plus Local account will certainly help your business achieve top search engine rankings.
5) Google Plus Local Reviews
Authentic positive ratings and reviews on Google Plus Local and other trusted directory sites are vital to continual traffic on a website these days. Once you have the top search engine rankings, traffic, and engagement needle moving upwards, you’ll want to make sure that whatever it is you are delivering to your target markets are making the positive impact you would like. Reviews are a great way to get the feedback you need to change direction, address concerns and make things right. Negative reviews, if responded to correctly, can be a valuable asset if you are able to make the experience with people in the future much better. It’s an opportunity to drive more traffic by showing that you actually care about what you are doing. In addition, there has been a positive correlation between positive Google Plus Local reviews and top search engine rankings on Google.
Do you need help getting where you want to go with your online business advertising? Get your Free SEO Analysis here.